If you only try one of my recipes, this has to be the one!
This is by far my most asked for recipe on Instagram. I don’t blame you guys, it’s the best! What could be better than an ice cream without any added sugar and that’s also lactose-free and vegan?! Nothing. The best part? It tastes JUST like regular ice cream! I might be wrong here since I haven’t had regular ice cream in 3 years, but it must be very close to the real thing if I can’t tell the difference. I got Shaun obsessed with nice cream too, so that’s a good thing right?
Don’t tell me this doesn’t look delicious!?
Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s the easiest ice cream you could possibly make at home! All you need is 3 ingredients: Bananas, cocoa powder and peanut butter.
How does it work? First, freeze your bananas overnight. Then, the next day, put them in a food processor along with peanut butter and cocoa powder. It’s that simple! You now have a healthy treat to enjoy on a hot summer day! Or if you’re like me, a breakfast to eat in a snow storm. Nothing will stop me from eating nice cream. Try it and you’ll understand.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Soft Serve (Nice Cream!)
- 4 large bananas, frozen
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- More peanut butter
- Cocoa nibs
- Chocolate or carob chips (or drizzle)
- Shredded coconut
- Fresh berries
- Slice your bananas and freeze overnight or for at least 12 hours.
- Add your frozen bananas, peanut butter and cocoa powder in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve immediately of store in an airtight container in the freezer.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #unsweetenedcaroline.