Fresh herb guacamole. A simple guacamole with a touch of fresh summer herbs, including chives, parsley and cilantro. Simple, flavorful and perfect for summer.
We’re on our way to Vancouver for one last weekend away before I leave for New Brunswick next week. This might be our last time in Vancouver for a while, which is not an easy thought. I love Vancouver so much. If it weren’t for the insane housing cost, I would live in this city in a heartbeat. It has everything I want in a city, including mountains, trails, beaches, beautiful views and of course plenty of vegetarian restaurants.
This weekend, Shaun and I are going to see a show in the city. We’re hoping to try a new vegetarian restaurant and also eat at a few of our favorites. I’m also hoping to do a bit of hiking nearby. We have 3 busy and exciting days ahead of us.
I’m not leaving though, before sharing this fresh herb guacamole with you guys. Trust me, you’ll want this for your weekend snacking.
Never know, maybe this would make a nice snack for the dads in your life on Father’s Day? With tortilla chips of course.
How to Make Guacamole
This is not a traditional guacamole. I know. But, it’s delicious, flavorful and so easy. Here’s how it’s made:
- Mash the avocado in a medium bowl, along with lime juice.
- Add salt, chopped herbs, onion, tomato and garlic. Stir until combined.
- Serve with tortilla chips or in a burrito, burrito bowl, salad and more.
It’s that easy.
Guacamole is the best. If you don’t think so, then you’re wrong (I’m just kidding). But seriously, give this herb guacamole a chance. It’s delicious, just like any guacamole, but has that extra little touch from fresh summer herbs. It’s the best.
Fresh Herb Guacamole
- 3 large avocados
- Juice of 1 lime, about 2.5 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with the lime juice. You don't have to mash it until perfectly smooth if you want more texture.
- Stir in the cilantro, parsley, chives, onion, tomatoes, garlic and salt until combined.
- Serve as a dip with tortilla chips or in sandwiches, burritos, bowls and more!
If you try this recipe, make sure to tag your photo #unsweetenedcaroline on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter! Don’t forget to also tag me @unsweetened.caroline on Instagram so I can see your creations!