This spring pea and arugula pasta salad is the very definition of a spring recipe. It’s packed with peas, arugula, feta and a light lemon vinaigrette. It’s perfect for picnics, potlucks, a family bbq or just a light lunch. Add chickpeas for a protein boost or skip the cheese for a vegan option.
Happy Friday! It’s the end of a very busy and exciting week around here. In case you missed it, I announced the launch of my new website, Nourished by Caroline, where I’ll be offerring nutrition services and talking all about nutrition.
Not only that, but I’m launching 3 new meal plans on Monday! You’ll be able to buy them on Unsweetened Caroline or on Nourished by Caroline.
I’ll have more details coming this on Monday, but I did share a preview on Instagram and Facebook if you want to see. You can also find the video on YouTube here.
I hope you’re as excited as I am!
We’ll have a sale for the release week, so don’t miss out!
And now to get back to this recipe.
I first made a similar recipe for Stokes 2 years back and I realized that I never shared the recipe here. The recipe is not exactly the same, but it is inspired from the light pasta salad I made then, without the asparagus. You can choose to add asparagus if you’d like! Grilled asparagus would be delicious in this salad.
Best of all? This recipe can’t get any easier. It’s done in the time it takes you to cook pasta. Simply prepare the vinaigrette while the pasta is cooking and add the cheese and arugula to a bowl. In the last minute of cooking, add the frozen peas with the pasta to boil and thaw quickly. Add the pasta and peas to a bowl with the remaining ingredients, then toss it all together. And that’s it. Done in 15 minutes total.
Spring Pea and Arugula Pasta Salad
- 4 cups dry pasta (I used fusilli)
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups argugula
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta according to the package’s instructions. In the last minute of cooking, add the frozen or fresh peas to thaw and lightly cook. When done cooking, pass under cold water.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette: In a small bowl or jar, whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients. You can use a mason jar, cover and shake.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, toss together the cooked pasta and peas, vinaigrette, arugula and cheese together. Serve cold.
If you try this recipe, make sure to tag your photo #unsweetenedcaroline on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Don’t forget to also tag me @unsweetened.caroline on Instagram so I can see your creations!